Menu
Burlo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Yet again - outage issues with CS codes

For 3 weeks now I have been having outages on my services showing up on my TV with CS codes, I have been on the phone yet again today twice so just a little under 2 hours😡. I have had problems for over 2 years now each time different. I have spoken to VM operators more than I’ve spoken to my family over the 2 years. I have had engineers out on numerous occasions one of which didn’t even bother to come to the property and just said everything is fine😡. Engineers who have come to my house and looked at my equipment and said everything is fine, engineers who have said they will get back to me but never did. The last one however did run checks etc on my equipment and found a fault in my outside cable, this has been replaced around 3 weeks ago so it may be something there. I am sick of ringing (oh as I write CS9995 has just come on the TV) that’s 4 times today and my internet is off again😡. As I said I am getting sick of ringing VM to be told to turn router off, reset router, switch tv box off restart all equipment etc. Can anyone sort this out please.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yet again

Hi Burlo,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you've been having these issues.

I've had a look at your account and I can see that you've been in touch with a member of our team since you made this post. Were they able to get this issue resolved for you? Is there anything that I can help you with today?

Thanks,

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Burlo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurie

thanks for the reply, I had an engineer looking into this on Friday  so currently still ongoing. I’ll let you know how I get on but after changing filters and splitters etc I’m still having concerns.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Do please keep us posted and hopefully we'll be able to read some good news on this matter on Friday

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Burlo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi all 

it’s now a week gone by since the engineer turned up to sort my problems, (or try to) and I am no further forward internet still going off TiVo boxes going off line and not recording or partially recording programs, last engineer did ring me on the Saturday and promised he would take ownership of the concern and ring me again on Monday but alas no call. (This is becoming the norm) however this morning at 08:42 I had a confused phone call from the same engineer thinking he was talking to someone else, (and here’s me thinking he was following up) when I told him who I was he immediately apologised for not ringing me back and asked how the service has been, when I told him I still had concerns he asked me if I had rang back in to VM, last week he was taking ownership of my concern so I didn’t have to do that.(his words). He has since rang me back today to say a supervisor will be calling today or possibly Monday (so do I just stop at home in case he decides to call on the off chance sometime today or Monday, best not make any plans eh). Last week I had a complaints department gentleman call me to go through some earlier issues and I explained all of what I have been experiencing recently he offered me a one off sum of money to pacify me I think and did say he would call this week to do a follow up (still waiting although Friday is not finished yet. So whoever is reading this from VM can you now see why I am getting very frustrated with the service I am paying for when it’s not delivering and currently is not value for money.

0 Kudos
Burlo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

it’s now a week gone by since the engineer turned up to sort my problems, (or try to) and I am no further forward internet still going off TiVo boxes going off line and not recording or partially recording programs, last engineer did ring me on the Saturday and promised he would take ownership of the concern and ring me again on Monday but alas no call. (This is becoming the norm) however this morning at 08:42 I had a confused phone call from the same engineer thinking he was talking to someone else, (and here’s me thinking he was following up) when I told him who I was he immediately apologised for not ringing me back and asked how the service has been, when I told him I still had concerns he asked me if I had rang back in to VM, last week he was taking ownership of my concern so I didn’t have to do that.(his words). He has since rang me back today to say a supervisor will be calling today or possibly Monday (so do I just stop at home in case he decides to call on the off chance sometime today or Monday, best not make any plans eh). Last week I had a complaints department gentleman call me to go through some earlier issues and I explained all of what I have been experiencing recently he offered me a one off sum of money to pacify me I think and did say he would call this week to do a follow up (still waiting although Friday is not finished yet. So whoever is reading this from VM can you now see why I am getting very frustrated with the service I am paying for when it’s not delivering and currently is not value for money.
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Burlo,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue.

I can understand the frustration and I'm sorry that you were experiencing this issues for so long.

From looking at your account, I can see a technician visit was raised recently.

Can you keep us updated on your connection issue? How is it at the moment?

Do you require further help?

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Burlo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

thanks for your reply, a senior technician came out on Saturday and changed some more ends on cables. He knew we had a problem as I was only getting 1 upstream and it should be 4 same problem as last technician found. He found a problem with the new cable end that had just been installed. Up to now Monday we have been ok, the technician is going to call me again on Wednesday let’s hope he does as the previous ones haven’t. (Sorry not strictly true 1of them rang back once and the second rang back once and promised to follow up but didn’t.) so fingers crossed 🤞 we have finally gotten somewhere.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Burlo, 

Glad to hear the senior engineer managed to shed some light on this. Keep us posted

Zoie

0 Kudos
Burlo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Looks like we are starting to get somewhere only 2 concerns since last Saturday 👏👏
0 Kudos