cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong BBC Regional Channel on 101 being recorded

jomogg
Tuning in

BBC on Channel 101 now recording BBC Regional area North and not NW as shown on EPG. I live in NW Liverpool. Virgin Tech Support unable to locate any problems

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have recordings for channel 101, then your TV360 will record whatever is broadcast on that same channel.

Which begs the obvious question - if you select BBC1-HD when there is a regional variation, are you seeing the expected region?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@jomogg wrote:

BBC on Channel 101 now recording BBC Regional area North and not NW as shown on EPG. I live in NW Liverpool. Virgin Tech Support unable to locate any problems

I have BBC1 NW HD on 101 but don't record it but the OH usually watches some of it during the week, is it OK when on live TV or are unable to watch it live and that's why you record it. If it's happening everyday I can set up a recording to see if I can reproduce the problem or is it random.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jomogg,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Channels on your TV360 box at the moment.

Have you been able to take a look at our TV 360 Channel Guide to ensure that you're receiving the correct channels for your package? 

Have you tried to reboot your TV box to see if this makes any changes on your Guide? 

Please keep us updated so we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If North West is the region showing on the EPG, this is the region you are seeing.

Sometimes there are switching issues or issues with the BBC studio output which result in you receiving another region instead, but this will affect all TV platforms, not just Virgin.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks