cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish Lists & Series Links

flipflop104
On our wavelength

Hello

Is it right that on TV 360 you can't set "Wish Lists" like you can on TiVo, eg. I have a "Wish list" for Suranne Jones so that it records anything that her name appears in, regardless of what channel it's on?

Also, is it correct that if you set a series link for, say, "Blacklist" on Sky Witness, it will only record the showings that are on Sky Witness, and to get the ones that are showing on 5USA would have to have a separate series links set-up?#

It sounds pretty user labour intensive, if that's the case, as it means I have to be watching all channels to check when new series' start on different channels.  And also have to be across everything my fave people are in rather than just letting TiVo do the "investigative" work.

Why has TV 360 been made not as intuitive?  You'd expect things to improve over time, not diminish.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some of the features of TiVO are patented exclusives & cannot be replicated in any form without considerable amounts of money changing hands. Wishlists is one of those features.

VM is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Global cable operations, & Horizon (that drives both V360 & Stream) is their own product that has now been imposed on us.

You can keep TiVO for the time being, as contrary to what VM sales will tell you, migrating to V360 is currently voluntary when you change contracts. 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some of the features of TiVO are patented exclusives & cannot be replicated in any form without considerable amounts of money changing hands. Wishlists is one of those features.

VM is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Global cable operations, & Horizon (that drives both V360 & Stream) is their own product that has now been imposed on us.

You can keep TiVO for the time being, as contrary to what VM sales will tell you, migrating to V360 is currently voluntary when you change contracts. 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I think my TiVo box (it's the old/original one - not V6) might be on the way out and Virgin offered me the TV360 for free in an email, just by chance, the other day whihc I was seriously thinking about accepting.  But now I'm thinking I don't want the TV360 but can I get my TiVo box replaced if it dies rather than having to take TV360?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@flipflop104 wrote:

I think my TiVo box (it's the old/original one - not V6) might be on the way out and Virgin offered me the TV360 for free in an email, just by chance, the other day whihc I was seriously thinking about accepting.  But now I'm thinking I don't want the TV360 but can I get my TiVo box replaced if it dies rather than having to take TV360?

Hi @flipflop104 

Tivo's that die are currently being replaced free of charge for V6's providing the customer also subscribes to VM broadband.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can have it replaced with a TiVO V6. Operates on the same firmware. 6 recording tuners instead of 3 & a hard disk twice the size. The only drawback is the lack of internal modem, so will need a WiFi or Ethernet connection to your VM hub, which you would need with V360 anyway.

Brill, thank you (and yes, I have TV, BB & Phone)

flipflop104
On our wavelength

Hello

I still have the old/original TiVo box and I think it's on it's way out and I was offered the 360, just by chance, the other day and was seriously considering accepting it, however, there's a few things that are off-putting so I'm thinking of asking for the V6 instead.

So I just wanted to check, is it right that on V6 you can still set "Wish Lists" like you can on TiVo, eg. I have a "Wish list" for Suranne Jones so that it records anything that her name appears in, regardless of what channel it's on?

Also, is it correct that if you set a series link for, say, "Blacklist" on Sky Witness, it will still record the showings that are on Sky Witness, and any that are showing on 5USA (or any other channel) rather than me having to set the series link on both (all) channels?

Thanks in advance

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please can I ask that you keep all your queries relating to this issue to your existing threads instead of creating duplicates in the V6 forum asking the very same questions. Multiple posting is against the forum rules & causes a lot of confusion.

I have tidied these all up into the two Wishlist & AV Sender threads on this board.

Thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@flipflop104 wrote:

Hello

I still have the old/original TiVo box and I think it's on it's way out and I was offered the 360, just by chance, the other day and was seriously considering accepting it, however, there's a few things that are off-putting so I'm thinking of asking for the V6 instead.

So I just wanted to check, is it right that on V6 you can still set "Wish Lists" like you can on TiVo, eg. I have a "Wish list" for Suranne Jones so that it records anything that her name appears in, regardless of what channel it's on?

Also, is it correct that if you set a series link for, say, "Blacklist" on Sky Witness, it will still record the showings that are on Sky Witness, and any that are showing on 5USA (or any other channel) rather than me having to set the series link on both (all) channels?

Thanks in advance

The V6 uses the same firmware as your current TiVO, so behaves in the same way with Wishlists & Series Link. You can set a series link to all channels, but be aware it may cause a lot of duplicated recordings, as it will pick up +1 channels with the same content if a +1 channel exists.