Menu
RuthsDad
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why send 360 free upgrade email for a service that is unavailable

Last week I rx'ed an email offering me a free upgrade to the Virgin TV 360. I was unable to respond to the email on-lone due to technical issues that I have had with my account over the last year so waited hours for an adviser who said that I would need to upgrade my package to the Ultima Oomph which I did. I was advised that the V6 box needs updating via a new remote and a new mini box would be sent to me. 

Both advised delivery dates came and went and I'm now being told that the 360 service is not available in my area (07) and no kit or date for when it will can be given!

So I've had to upgrade my package for functionality that isn't available and the changes Virgin have made to my existing V6 box, presumably in prep for this service means that I have no on-demand, no catch-up, no apps (Netflix etc), no record, no pause and no roll back to beginning,,,,,,,,,and I'm told we've made a note of this on your account!

Luckily, the new contract is cheaper than the old otherwise I'll be offski to BT,,,and don't get me on the SIM that they tried to charge me a line rental on outside of the package

As an old gizzer, my time is precious; this is 11 hrs I'll never get back, although I did get to chat to some lovely people,,,all 8 of them 

0 Kudos
Inaspin
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why send 360 free upgrade email for a service that is unavailable

Would happily swap my 360 "upgrade" to go back to the V6. Hang on until they get the software right so many things are worse in my opinion on the new 360

0 Kudos
Gohbloke
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s the same for me, the link in the email never worked, I’m told I can have it in my area (06) and on my package, however I have a SIM, which was never in the email 

said I don’t need a sim, so they tell me can’t have the upgrade, why on earth email me, I’m paying considerably more than a competitor so now been waiting on cancellation department for sim 45 mins!

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Gohbloke wrote:

It’s the same for me, the link in the email never worked, I’m told I can have it in my area (06) and on my package, however I have a SIM, which was never in the email 

said I don’t need a sim, so they tell me can’t have the upgrade, why on earth email me, I’m paying considerably more than a competitor so now been waiting on cancellation department for sim 45 mins!

please DM me your account number, site ID and email address used I'll sort this.

The email invite was to a pilot which isnt available over the phone.