cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is channel 605 permanently pixelated when using Virgin TV 360?

Beemer
Superfast

Why is channel 605 permanently pixelated when using Virgin TV 360?

Channel 605.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Beemer 

I like the Dennis the menace picture.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Please can you check that all connections are snug and tight, especially the white co-axial and then try Ch 605 again.

If it's still pixillated then it's probably due to either a signal issue or box issue.

If you have more than one 360 try swapping them around to see if the fault follows the box.

Are other channels affected? The picture below shows other channels on the same mux as BBC Parliament.

If they are alos affected that would point to a signal issue and would need a call to TV faults, option 2 when dialling 150 from a VM landline or mobile.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The standard answer to pixellation queries, some of which has already covered, is....

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to report it - either by phone or waiting on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Beemer thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear of your pixelation issue.  I would like to book a technician to attend your property.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R