Menu
Ms7
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why am I requested a PIN for cartoons?

Hi,

I have a TV360 box and my son has recorded his favourite cartoons. Unfortunately some of the recorded episodes ("Alvin and the Chipmunks", "Talking Tom and friends") require a PIN which is unusual for those cartoons. I then realised that the episodes requiring a PIN seem to be the ones which have been recorded late at night. Funny enough shows such as "Power rangers" which have been recorded during the day do not require a PIN, which is weird because they are more suitable for older children.

I can't believe that just because cartoons have been recorded in the evening, the parental control kicks in. I would have thought the parental control should be based on the type of show.

Unless I am missing something this appears to be a bug that needs fixing. Otherwise parents may  be tempted to remove parental control to avoid entering the PIN all the time, which defeats the purpose of it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why am I requested a PIN for cartoons?

If you go into settings (home then scroll right across to the cog) and then select parental controls, you can then switch off the watershed recordings pin.

0 Kudos
Ms7
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that worked.

However if I read the setting in the TV360 correctly "Require a PIN to watch recordings from watershed compliant channels outside of watershed hours", does that imply that if I recorded a programme during watershed hours such as a movie then my child would then be able to watch it?

0 Kudos
Ms7
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have checked that with "Watershed recordings PIN" turned Off I am asked to enter a PIN for previous recordings where I'd expect a PIN, and for the cartoons recorded during watershed hours I no longer need a PIN. So it looks like it's working.