Menu
Bengie
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Where has Kids Channels Gone ?

So the Grandkids came yesterday and I gave them the remote as I always have and there is only two kids channels.

I am on the top tv package and had dozens when I was on the lower package so where have they all gone ???

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where has Kids Channels Gone ?

Unfortunately "top package" and "lower package" can mean different things to different people, but I'll try...

The FTA kids channels (CBBC etc), are included on all TV tiers the same way that BBC1 & ITV are. The chargeable kids channels (Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Boomerang etc) are a different beast.

On previous TV bundles these were primarily included in the top-tier XL/Full-House bundle, but you may have got a small selection on some of the middle-tiers ("Fun" might have been one, but this is rusty). The top-TV-tier was amended a few years back, and since then only includes the FTA kids channels. The chargeable kids channels are now an add-on with all TV-tiers at a standard price of £5/month.

If you have changed your TV package in the past few years and were on a legacy XL/Full-House, you will likely have been moved to a current Maxit/Full-House as per my comment above.

You can check your TV package by logging into your online-VM account, and finding a recent bill or current contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bengie,

Only the Ultimate Oomph package now carries the kids channels as standard, unless you are on one of the discontinued packages (Mix, Fun or Full House)

You should check your online account to confirm which package you are on, especially if you've just regraded or re-contracted.

You can add the Kids channels as a personal pick for an extra £5 per month.

You can check the channels available on each package with this link ChannelGuide_June_2021.pdf 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses.  I've had a check and am on Maxit and can see that it doesn't include most kids channels.

It's a shame I wasn't informed of this when I did the upgrade.

I won't add them as it's expensive enough now and takes a big whack out of my pension.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're likely to want these channels regularly, then you may be able to negotiate with VM to include them in your bundle - but any discount would likely be in exchange for a new 18month contract.

Being told about channels being lost with package changes is always 50/50 with specifically asking, IMO. If it's any consolation, this kids channel scenario has cropped up a few times on here, and I'm sure will again.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks japitts
0 Kudos