cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will 360 be in my area?

UFOInterceptor
Joining in

I have recently had Virgin broadband installed but no one seems to know when I can get TV 360 in my area.

Does anyone know if and when this will be in Pontefract area?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi UFOInterceptor 

If you are a business customer then I'm afraid VM Business don't provide a TV service, yuo would need to switch to residential.

What package did you sign up for, and which hub do you have with Virgin?

It's possible that you have a hub 5X which is used by customers on XGS-PON trials. That type of connection is only available in a very few areas at present and doesn't support VM TV services, or VM's WiFi Max.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've had VM broadband installed, you should also be able to get TV services.

What makes you think otherwise?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have tried 6 or 7 random Pontefract postcodes on VM availablility checker, & they are all showing that VMs broadcast TV services are available.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi UFOInterceptor 

If you are a business customer then I'm afraid VM Business don't provide a TV service, yuo would need to switch to residential.

What package did you sign up for, and which hub do you have with Virgin?

It's possible that you have a hub 5X which is used by customers on XGS-PON trials. That type of connection is only available in a very few areas at present and doesn't support VM TV services, or VM's WiFi Max.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

Yes it's a hub 5x so that would explain why I can't get tv services. I wish that was explained when I had broadband installed. I was told I would be able to get multi room on stream but apparently I can't. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @UFOInterceptor 

I think I may have given you incorrect information. I've been reading a few articles which state that Stream is available in areas  with XGS-PON. I will update the thread when if/when I receive clarification. 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks 🙂

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@UFOInterceptor wrote:

Hi,

Yes it's a hub 5x so that would explain why I can't get tv services. I wish that was explained when I had broadband installed. I was told I would be able to get multi room on stream but apparently I can't. 

Stream should be available in XGS-PON areas, as it is an IP driven box. However, VM won’t yet sell it as a multi room product, as it is seen by the broadcasters as a separate system to V360, which is a broadcast technology product running alongside their existing DOCSIS Broadband infrastructure.

A lot of agreements within the industry are having to change in the move away from broadcast technology, so some of the progress is going to be slow.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @UFOInterceptor 

Apologies I was wrong. The Stream box IS available on XGS-PON (confirmed by one of the Forum Mods) however as @nodrogd correctly says it isn't yet available as a multi room product.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

VM will not have a proper* IP STB until at least 2024. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that Liberty Global has such a box in European customers' premises right now.

*By proper I mean a box which records all live broadcasts and is not something like the very disappointing Sky Stream.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection