cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I upgrade (on Wed) my 2 x V6 boxes to 360 software will I lose my previous recordings?

robigouk
Superfast

both boxes are about 40% full of recordings I'd rather not lose!

Anybody out there who's done the upgrade can confirm what happens? 🙂 

24 REPLIES 24

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will lose all your recordings.

Part of the upgrade includes a disk reformat, as recordings on the TiVO platform are incompatible with Horizon.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic

I can confirm both my V6 boxes were formatted and had to be setup from scratch

thanks both for coming back to me. Will it keep all my series links?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, series links are all deleted. You will have to set up TV 360 record series.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

no you lose everything its will be like your a new customer turning the box on for he first time 

ok but I remember when I received my v6 box I was able to use the Virgin website to copy over my series links, will this be possible with 360 software?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No. The new software is VERY different.

Terrible. In this day and age there's no way to back up and restore all my series links yet I could with the old system.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@robigouk wrote:
Terrible. In this day and age there's no way to back up and restore all my series links yet I could with the old system.

The TiVo and V6 boxes are the same platform on different physical hardware. So the boxes all talked to the same place which allows for series links to be transferred.

Virgin TV 360 is a completely new and separate platform that happens to run on the same hardware as the TiVo V6 does.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own