cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is 360?

AS
On our wavelength

I saw an ad on my 'My Virgin Page' for TV360. With our V6 box we are quite happy with what we have but I am behind the times! Is there a web page that will describe it including the cost (looks like we might be able to use the V6 box...), and of course do we need it? (Just the 2 of us at home now).

Doc AS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AS 

If you already have V6 boxes they would receive a firmware update to the new Horizon software along with new remotes which include voice buttons.

This is a VM page extolling th3e 360's benefits https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/4k-ultra-hd 

Some of the feratures from the V6 are missing, and if you aren't happy I'm afraid there is no way to go back to a V6.

Also if yuo do change to the 360 you will lose all of your recordings and series links.

There is youtube video from a VM customer showing the 360 in operation, although it's from  November 2020 and the 360 has changed a bit since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEKXTXLlphM&t=55s 

<<< This page >>>   explains some of the differences between the V6 and the 360.

And the following page is a Help/FAQ for the 360 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AS 

If you already have V6 boxes they would receive a firmware update to the new Horizon software along with new remotes which include voice buttons.

This is a VM page extolling th3e 360's benefits https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/4k-ultra-hd 

Some of the feratures from the V6 are missing, and if you aren't happy I'm afraid there is no way to go back to a V6.

Also if yuo do change to the 360 you will lose all of your recordings and series links.

There is youtube video from a VM customer showing the 360 in operation, although it's from  November 2020 and the 360 has changed a bit since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEKXTXLlphM&t=55s 

<<< This page >>>   explains some of the differences between the V6 and the 360.

And the following page is a Help/FAQ for the 360 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

AS
On our wavelength

Thank you for kind and informative reply. A brief look round the resources you mention leaves me rather unenthusiastic. You don't mention the price, which, I guess, is because it depends! We can currently access anything we wish on subscribed channels, and I don't see much difference on 360 other than the nice pictures.

On Netflix and Amazon, we often see programmes and think "We might like that" and forget what it is. I think a lounge-based notebook would be a simple solution... Feel free to correct me!

Doc AS

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are happy with your current setup then I would suggest staying with it.

The 360 interface is all about icons and other pictures rather than clear text information.

By the way you can get Amazon Prime and Netflix through your current V6 TiVo setup should you choose to subscribe.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @AS 

You don't need a package change to switch to a 360 (although CS will try and talk you into it)  It's a one of fee of £24.99 for the two remotes.

You can negotiate  a new deal if you want to, ideal if you are out of contract or  coming to the end of any discounted term.

If you did negotiate a new deal then netflix standard is included in the pricing for Ultimate Volt, Biggest TV and Biggest TV Volt bundles.

Otherwise you need to sign up for, and pay for netflix yourself, and the same goes for Amazon Prime Video.

I already use Amazon Prime for shopping, and this includes the Amazon Prime Video.

You can get a free 30 trial of Prime Video,  amazon free trial  although it will ask you for payment details. This is because it's a 30 day rolling contract and you would be charged once the free trial is up if you didn't cancel.   The ideal way to do this is to sign up for the trial and cancel it the same day. That way it just stops working after 30 days and you won't be billed. IF you were happy to continue paying though you could just reopen it be re entering your payment details.

Netflix don't have a free trial, although you can sign up and pay for it for 30 days as it's another rolling contract, But I would advise to cancel it the same day. That way you view it for the 30 days you've paid for, and then you have no furhter access or charges unless you do decide to continue with it by adding your payment details again.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The package you are on has nothing to do with the software your TV box runs - they're totally different concepts.

Think of TV360 as a complete change of TV box software similar to changing your mobile phone between Android & iOS.

The difference being that changing to TV360 is irreversible. So unless you specifically want TV360, I agree with Graham. Stay as you are and no-one is currently going to force a change on you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks