Menu
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 31 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: What if I Currently Have Two V6 TIVO Boxes?

"Still do not see how this can happen without magic (forget compression), how does 2TB go into 2 new boxes when the main box has a 1TB HDD and the other mini box has no HDD."

They are talking about V6 boxes getting a software update. You wouldn't have any new boxes. 

aquatarkus
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'd have to agree with that, do not want voice control on any of my equipment, i use the Harmony ultimate remote with the Harmony hub and a tablet to run my system. Have no interest in voice control whats so ever even though companies seem to be forcing it on everyone and everything.

regards

KeithW

0 Kudos
PhilT81
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I don’t like the marketing because I get calls from virgin mobile about twice per day. Or, people who want to sell me sky sports/movies rather than any upgrades that I might actually want. They’ve got me on a weird package now. It’s got it’s own custom discount but it’s annoying because I have talk unlimited on a landline that hasn’t even been plugged in for years. My 6yo has a 40GB data/month sim in his iPhone because they insisted on including they and it would be more expensive to go without! I just want decent broadband and to be able to record lots of shows and then binge-watch several years worth of one show at a time. I just watched five years of holby/casualty. No streaming site would have that. As for capacity, 1TB is way too low. Even with everything in SD I’m constantly having to sacrifice one show for another. With 4K it’d be impossible. 

0 Kudos
lewis-brooks
Superfast
Message 34 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Is there anything I can do to trail more stuff? 

I used to trial the broadband software updates and the powerline adapters but nothing recently.

Happy to trial TV360 or V6 software updates, I'm on the oophm package and left marketing enabled . 

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 35 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@PhilT81 wrote:

I don’t like the marketing because I get calls from virgin mobile about twice per day. Or, people who want to sell me sky sports/movies rather than any upgrades that I might actually want. 

At some point I asked not to be called up ever again offering a mobile  / sim deal or any other upgrade and although it might have taken a couple of goes, my request was honoured. YMMV.

0 Kudos
Skie
Up to speed
Message 36 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@BlueLou wrote:

We would like to contact all of them but far too many people are opting out of marketing these days. 

Possibly because getting calls from someone out of the blue offering a 'great deal' if you'll tell them your virgin media account password is perhaps not the best way to keep your customers open to marketing communications.

Other news is good though 🙂

0 Kudos
s9750
Tuning in
Message 37 of 54
Flag for a moderator

If the software on the V6 is upgraded to the 360 will the new remote be issued or will the current remote still be used without the voice control?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 38 of 54
Flag for a moderator

You will need a new remote.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 39 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hey if you want to be informed about Virgin TV 360 then sign up here 

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/befirst

0 Kudos
Mattc86
Tuning in
Message 40 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I have just upgraded via the email sent to me

I have 2 V6 boxes currently will one of these change and act like a mini box which I can move around the house as an extender to the main box?

Or will this box need replacing for a mini box?

0 Kudos