forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
JO53PHW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Watching recordings and live TV

• Hi, I'm quite pleased with the new system, just have a couple of questions;

Are you able to watch grouped recordings? I have 2 episodes of death in paradise, however can only watch one, then finish it, go back to recordings and then select next episode. On V6 you could watch all episodes in the same folder by just pressing channel up to go to next one.

Also have noticed when watching a recorded programme, once you go back to live TV you cannot rewind, it only starts from when you finished the recording. There doesnt appear to be a background buffer for the current channel.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Watching recordings and live TV

You can watch recordings (and on demand programs) in sequence. At the end of the first, you get a prompt for the next one. You do have to be careful, however, as series with multiple unwatched recordings will start from the last recorded, rather than the oldest recorded. In this case, going into the series and manually choosing the first unwatched is the correct approach.

You are correct that there is no channel/tuner buffering, as there was with V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JO53PHW
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your fast reply Ernie. I did jump to last 5 mins of the programme to see if it gave me the prompt, but it just came up with the option to delete or keep?

Do you know if you can delete single episodes of an upcoming planned series?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re sequential recordings, I usually get a prompt with a countdown which you can go directly to the next or not. If you don’t respond, it automatically starts the next episode.

Sometimes an episode will end before the prompt and I have to fast forward to get the prompt.

Re your second question. If you mean you want to delete a single planned recording from a series of planned recordings, the answer is no. That (wrongly, in my opinion) only offers a series record cancellation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JO53PHW
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank again! As you say I had to run it forward after the programme had finished to get the next episode prompt.

Yes it does seems to only allow the whole series to be cancelled. Hopefully this will be fixed as part of the on-going series link issue/updates.

Thanks!

roy247
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you press Home, Saved, Recorded, Manage storage, put your pin number in, you can turn off the "Ask to delete after watching" .

0 Kudos