Menu
Jack881
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wasn't Offered Upgrade at Contract Renewal!!

Hi,

I renewed my Virgin contract at the end of April for another 18 months and at no point was the option to upgrade to Virgin 360 mentioned. I didn't know about the new service and now I find out that I have to pay £24.95 to upgrade when I could have done it for free two weeks ago! Has anyone else feel like they have been cheated out of a free upgrade here?

0 Kudos
deans6571
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wasn't Offered Upgrade at Contract Renewal!!

@Jack881 wrote:

Hi,

I renewed my Virgin contract at the end of April for another 18 months and at no point was the option to upgrade to Virgin 360 mentioned. I didn't know about the new service and now I find out that I have to pay £24.95 to upgrade when I could have done it for free two weeks ago! Has anyone else feel like they have been cheated out of a free upgrade here?

....I wouldn't say you've been 'cheated' - I would say you've had a lucky escape (V6 to 360 is 100% NOT an 'upgrade'!).

#doyourresearchbeforejumpingship

#itsaonewaytriptheresnocomingback

😉

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you want to look at migrating your software from TiVo-based to 360-based, you can do so here 

If you're on an Ultimate Oomph bundle, there shouldn't be a charge, any other bundle the price is what you've quoted. I'm sure, in time, pricing will change.

Just make sure you read up about 360 - there are pros & cons, but there's no 14day "change of mind" if you don't get on with it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It’s very likely, had you been offered and accepted the upgrade, you would be here, not complaining about a £25 charge but about the ‘upgrade’.

Save your money, stick with V6 running TiVo software, not TV 360 running Horizon software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jack881
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, the replies I am starting to get are making me realise that it may be for the best that I wasn't offered this!  😂