cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to go back to TIVO

whitfies
Tuning in

I have just been ‘upgraded’ to TV360 and within 10 mins it’s apparent this is a major backward move. Quick search reveals similar feedback so won’t moan - my sole question is whether it’s possible to go back to V6 / TIVO ?  I just spent 20 mins on the phone to the call centre with someone whose English was poor and got cut off.

Is it possible to go back to TiVo ?  What’s the issue here ? … that VM’s TIVO licence is about to expire or something and trying to move people off it ?  360 is an astonishing backward step, even despite taking 30% off my monthly bill.   I’d rather have the previous TIVO service at the previous price.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1: Conversions from TiVo/V6 > 360 are voluntary, but are one-way and cannot be reversed.

2: Your package change was not tied to a conversion and was separate. You could have had your new package on your pre-existing TiVo/V6 without converting, but even if you 14day cancelled the package change (which you can do), that won't get you TiVo/V6 back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So the issue here is that wasn’t explained pre-‘upgrade’ and no mention whatsoever of losing a ton of features.  I’m looking up what Sky offer…I’ve been a VM customer for more years than I can remember but this is absolutely awful in a world where apps, features, AI and the like are in abundance elsewhere.

Anyone considering the upgrade to 360 from TiVo - DON’T DO IT !!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To be fair to VM, would you expect Microsoft to proactively highlight features in Windows 10, that are missing from Windows 11? It's the same with a conversion from TiVo/V6 > TV360.

The two platforms are fundamentally different. But my understanding of SkyQ is that it's similar to TV360 - no other currently-sold platform is similar to TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes I do expect clarity around the product and service they are contractually providing me with - it's the absolute basic tenet of a contractual supply relationship.  It's like leasing an electric car and one day the provider persuades you to 'upgrade' and they take the car away and give you an electric scooter.  Concealing the facts is either deliberate and underhand or accidental and negligent.  Either way it stinks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm no lawyer, but strongly suspect you will find the product & service is pay-TV with recording facilities. The make, model & software of your recording box is unlikely to be contractual.

To make your car comparison valid would be VM removing the recording facilities or somesuch.