Menu
sf_0209
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Waiting 6 months for second box installation

I upgraded to the oomph bundle in Jan and am still waiting for the second box to be installed. I understand there was an initial delay because of covid restrictions.

I called VM last week and was passed through to 3 people who couldn't help. I was assured it was escalated and that I would receive a call within 72 hours. I've not received a call.

I have contacted via social media, who directed me to text. I have text and they can't help, they've directed me to call the dedicated oomph team, but it's just the regular number for VM. Huge wait times to speak to someone, who cannot help.

Why is it so so difficult to get an installation booked in for a service I have already been paying for for 6 months?

Can someone help with this??

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waiting 6 months for second box installation

I'm assuming this second box is a multiroom V6 or 360? Can you confirm?

Social media doesn't have any account access, plus the character limit - IMHO that's a waste of time for queries such as this.

On your point about paying for a service you're not getting - you should have been getting a bill credit for the unavailable installation. Taken from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update - "Where QuickStart is unavailable, we’re still installing Virgin TV boxes for new customers, but for now we won’t install any extra TV boxes to minimise our technicians’ time in customers’ homes. Customers will receive a £10 monthly bill credit until we can safely complete their order"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sf_0209
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it's a multi room for 360.

I have not been receiving the £10 per month credit. Can this now be backdated?

And an installation date set?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've moved your post to the TV-360 board.

My understanding of the delayed installs was that anyone who had a multiroom install "on hold" was being contacted to arrange a new date, if that's not happened then calling in should be the quickest way.

VM staff should be along in a day or two, and they're best placed to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
sf_0209
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have called, several times and been passed from person to person and promised call backs that don't happen.

I noticed there's supposed to be a £10 monthly credit. I haven't received this either.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi sf_0209, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are still waiting on receiving the second box. 

Checking your account, it looks as though some things don't match up with what you're saying. Just to clarify, can you please let me know how many boxes you have received and how many are installed if this is different. Can you also let me know what boxes they are? 

In terms of the monthly credit, I can see your package was altered to make up for the fact that the second box wasn't initially installed. This would be why you've not received the credit. 

Come back so we can look further in to this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sf_0209
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have 2 boxes in the house currently. One is activated and is running 360 software. The other is my old v6 box which is not running. I should also have a 360 mini for the second line (I'm not sure whether this is just software that runs on the regular box, if so, then the box I have just sitting here can be used). I have been advised I cannot have a quickstart for this second line and that it needs to be a manned install.

I was contacted by retentions after termination my contract and offered the oomph bundle at £79 per month for 2 boxes, Internet, phone line.

My package was not altered to make up for the second line not being installed, this is incorrect. I have been paying £79 per month apart from a one off £30 credit for the amount of time spent and inconvenience caused trying to sort put all the VM issues I was having earlier in the year. That £30 credit was independent of any credit for not yet having a second line.

Your website states that where a quickstart is not available, a £10 per month credit is applied. This has not happened. To confirm, there was not an adjustment to my package on the account to remedy this - if that is what your systems are saying then it was done without my knowledge or agreement, and is just another in a long line of issues I'm having with VM.

I have, at every stage of contact with Virgin since Jan, been assured that my second box is delayed because of restrictions and that it will be installed ASAP.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi sf_0209,

Thanks for coming back and confirming the boxes for me. 

As you have a V6 box at the property, you wouldn't be sent a mini box and the software would be updated just like the first V6 box was. 

If you can, plug this in the cable and get it set up. Once it's up and running, you should then be able to upgrade the software so it turns to another 360 service. This link will help you to get that done: Virgin TV 360 Software Upgrade

Please let me know how things go after you have done this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

sf_0209
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's not helpful. Because the second line needs a manned install.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have you ever had multiroom at any stage in the past? You've mentioned having 2 boxes in one of your previous posts, referring to one that's running and another that's your "old V6".

Presumably the box that's running was previously a V6 that was migrated? Where's the other one come from - was that a multiroom subscription that was never activated?

0 Kudos