cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume unacceptably low on all streaming with my broadband

Kaldeep
Tuning in

The volume of all my streaming has suddenly become so lo I can hear my colleagues on Teams, I can watch Virgin tv online. I have tried it with different devices.

Being in the Industry, I say Virgin has throttled the band width for online streaming, and it's against the contractual agreements. 

So now for this unfair and unacceptable throttling, they should pay compensation to all customers because we are not receiving the service we pay for.

Seriously I can hear mice in my room, but on Max volume, I cant stream, cant hear YouTube Tube cant hear Alexa.

Knowing where is why I know it's Virgin. - Connected to Sky and BT and no issues with volume- Tried with other Internet Providers, including EE , Vodafone, and Plus Net and no issues. The sound issue is limited to Virgin Media and throttling sound on streaming services.

Seriously Virgin---- 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kaldeep 

You've posted in the TV360 forum. Do you have sound issues with the TV360 box, or just streaming and using Teams on other devices?

If it's the 360 then are you using a soundbar, or a splitter with the 360 box?

If it's other devices then it sounds like you need to check the sound settings on the device you are using, also check you have up to date drivers.

VM don't throttle bandwidth, but if they did it wouldn't affect sound.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kaldeep, thank you for reaching out on our help forum.
We're sorry to hear of the sound issues you're experiencing while on the VM network.

Could you please let us know if you've had any updates on this problem since you last posted here and if you still need support with this?
We'd love to help, could you also confirm if the volume issue is related to your TV box or if there is a problem with volume levels on all devices you've tried to stream or listen to a tune etc?

Have you checked the volume settings on these devices and have you tried to access the advanced volume settings each time to see if any bars or filters are on?
Tell us more and we are eager to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs