cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice control not working

Scary068
Joining in

Just got all installed today! Voice control doesn’t work. Read some of these forums but I don’t have the mesh Wi-Fi system. Any help!?

thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Scary068 

You need to keep your finger on the voice control (microphone) button whilst you speak - if you take your finger off the button it stops listening.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Haha! Yes, I’m well aware of that mate thank you. 
It does not work.

I have also reset the remote doing the tv and rewind for 10 secs and then tv and 0 for 10 secs. No such joy

@Scary068 wrote:

I have also reset the remote doing the tv and rewind for 10 secs and then tv and 0 for 10 secs. No such joy

If everything else works on the remote then you could try doing a factory reset of the 360,

You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

mjkerr
On our wavelength

Make sure the box is connected to the router
When my router reboots or disconnects I also lose the Voice Control

It’s connected and I know this due to the on demand services working I will try a reboot after the champs league final. 

Hi there @Scary068, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see the voice control isn't working on your remote. How long have you had this remote for? If this is a recent order have all your services become active?

Just to confirm have you been able to see this is working after the reboot has been done?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

mjkerr
On our wavelength

As an aside, the Voice Control on my remote stopped working a few months ago

The instructions on resynchronising the remote and box are incorrect
I followed the online version, no change, so phoned support

I had to ask the technician several times, "There are two TV buttons, which TV button are you referring to?"
"The TV power button"

Your remote is faulty, we will send a replacement

What you should actually press is the "TV channel swap button"
Whilst I waited for my replacement remote I made several attempts to resynch the devices, and pressing the "TV channel swap button" worked first time!

Thanks for the helpful advice @mjkerr

Are you able to direct me as to where the instructions are incorrect?

We'll be able to have this fed back and corrected where appropriate.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn