Menu
jimbo_l
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Voice control no longer working

The voice control button on my TV 360 remote has recently stopped working. When I press and hold the button, a message appears on the screen as if I’ve let go of the button, so I can’t search for anything. This happens every time I press and hold the button.

I’ve tried new batteries, repairing and resetting the box, to no avail. What can I do? All other functions are ok.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice control no longer working

You can order a replacement remote by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
jimbo_l
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The link only seems to allow me to order a v6 or TiVo remote. I guess I’ll have to contact customer services.

0 Kudos
jimbo_l
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After some research, it seems to be related to the Eero router that I'm using, which has DNS-based ad-blocking and content filtering. For some reason, the (US-based) DNS servers that they use are not recognising/allowing the host that the box tries to connect to for voice control. They've asked me to speak to someone at VM to ascertain which host or set of hosts the voice control feature uses.

I don't fancy my chances with trying to get someone at VM at the end of a phone line to understand my request. Can anyone here help?

0 Kudos
Seirius
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem! Thought it was my remote, so I paired a new remote, same issue. I also have an Eero mesh set up in my household, so that must be the relation? Keeping an eye on this thread.

0 Kudos
Seirius
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I don't know what good this is to you, but in the Eero app settings, under 'discover' and then 'Eero secure' if you turn off 'advanced security' it fixed the voice control on the remote...

0 Kudos
jimbo_l
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep, this will mean that it will revert to using VM’s DNS servers (or whichever ones you have configured) rather than the Eero Secure (Zscaler) DNS servers.

Unfortunately it also means that you lose the Secure functionality, which I don’t want to do.

The 360 box doesn’t let your configure any DNS servers in its config, which is a pain.

0 Kudos