Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgins big con

I recently received an email from Virgin offering their 360 service and was immediately attracted to the "Watch and stream on all your screens". Reading further the new 360 box could send the service to other TV, which I thought would be great.

I replied to email accepting offer as it was not going to cost anymore & the engineer came and installed the new 360 box, my first question was how do I view Virgin on another TV the reply was he thought I needed an extra box but had no details

I have tried to get an answer from Virgin live chat without success so am left with a box which is not doing as offered and have lost all my recorded programes as well

What is the answer please someone??

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgins big con

To view on a second TV you need a Multiroom box. These will put you back £10 a month plus installation, as they must be connected by coax cable to the network as well as to your hub via Ethernet or WiFi. There will also likely be activation fees for the upgrade to Multiroom.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Where does it say that? Can you paste the text 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Watch means watching in more rooms with the Mini box

Stream means streaming to all your devices using the boxes and/or the Virgin TV Go app.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I haven't received the email, but I am surprised that it did not list the requirements or at least mention them. You have otherwise just swapped one box for another. Personally, I am always suspicious of offers with great sounding hook lines. No help to you I know, but if there was no mention in the email of the requirements it is misleading and you have legitimate claim against them. Although watch and stream to all your screens is not wholly inaccurate which is the rub. I would be absolutely hacked off if It was me.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Clever marketing. Made us think we were getting something which isn’t actually the case. 

Don’t expect anything lessfrom Virgin

0 Kudos