cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv remote & Sony tv pop up message

npr1uk
Tuning in

I have just connected a new Panasonic soundbar to my new Sony TV which is connected to my Virgin 360 box.

It looks and sounds great but I keep getting a pop up message on screen saying "You can now use your Virgin TV remote to control Sony TV." Sometimes there are no pop ups for hours, at other times there can be one every few minutes.

I have paired the remote, checked the settings, reconnected all the leads and etc but it's still happening.

There were some threads on here a year ago which suggested it might be a software issue with the 360 box.

Any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks  

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @npr1uk 

In the past some people were connecting via HDMI ARC, as soon as they stopped using HDMI ARc the popups stopped.

Others found that after turning off  the CEC (or equivalent) connection on their TV that the messages stopped.

Also, if you have One Power turned On  under Settings > Audio & Video, then when turning this Off the pop up messages stopped.

I would also check that any HDMI cables in your chain are either 2.1 or 2.2, as older versions such as 1.3 and 1.4 caused issues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for all those suggestions.

I have tried them all but still no change unfortunately.