cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv 360 - red light on 2nd box

cathgrant
Joining in

I have two boxes and received 2 new remotes to upgrade to virgin tv 360.  The first one went over automatically last week.  The second box went off last night and just has a red light. Ctrird switching on and off and it comes up with the welcome message and then off with the red light again?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

7 REPLIES 7

cathgrant
Joining in

Can only use old remote

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cathgrant 

Please try the following, it's worked for some forum members.

Turn off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally as a V6

Hopefully after that you should be able to perform the 360 upgrade if it doesn't start it automatically

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi cathgrant,

Just need to clarify the 2 post's.

Is one box still not working or does it work with the old remote.

Hi. Thank you I ended up calling and a signal was sent to reboot the new equipment.  So box on but can only use the old remote control?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @cathgrant 

Has it updated to the 360 interface yet?

If not you should be able to process that using the  "Upgrade to Virgin TV 360 now" app on the home screen or in the all apps folder

upgrade v6.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

There's no option on the home screen to upgrade but it is a second box and the first has been upgraded.

Have you also checked the "all apps" folder as suggested by newappollo, if it's not there you might need to give Virgin a call and have it resent.

Are both boxes the same, "V6" boxes if you have an old TiVo box that can't be software upgraded and would need swapping for a mini, picture of old TiVo below.

TiVo.jpg