cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv 360 box

Steveuk2023
Joining in

I’ve just renewed my contract and the only deal offered to keep price down was the 360 box which I didn’t want but had to have.  It arrived yesterday and I have issues with it, as I have a fire tv in lounge I thought I’d put in bedroom HaHa..  firstly my router is in lounge so wire not long enough and secondly I do not have a box inside the house to plug white cable in as the engineer when installing last year hard wired directly from the ground through the wall straight into router.. 

im not paying for an engineer to come out and install a box inside the house so what can I do apart from put it back in box and stick in loft 🤣 because it’s no good to me.. 

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steveuk2023 wrote:

im not paying for an engineer to come out and install a box inside the house so what can I do apart from put it back in box and stick in loft 🤣 because it’s no good to me.. 

You won't have to pay for it as you are taking a new service. You only have to pay for alterations to wiring that involves existing rented equipment. Ask for a manned install of the box instead of accepting self-install.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steveuk2023 wrote:

I’ve just renewed my contract and the only deal offered to keep price down was the 360 box which I didn’t want but had to have.

I strongly suspect this is not true, and that you have been sold to.

Conversions to TV360 are entirely voluntary, and your choice to TV box software is separate from whatever package bundle you choose.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank for your post on our Community Forums @Steveuk2023, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you've faced with the new 360TV set top box.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner, for a private message from me, and I'll be able to ensure that the set top box is set up correctly for you, in an area of the property that's convenient for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn