Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin router to tv360 box connection?

Do you have to connect the virgin router to the tv360 box using a coxial cable or will it work using ethernet via powerline connectiors?

completely unable to get confirmation from virgin technical support!

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin router to tv360 box connection?

It needs a coaxial cable 

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Both the 360 and the hub need a coax connection but they usually come from a splitter, it's not a direct coax from one to the other. If that can done I haven't seen it. The 360 needs a ethernet connection to the hub. Maybe I've misunderstood your question.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Im currently moving away from BT broadband and BTTV, The bttv box connects to the router using an ethernet connection only (via network powerline adapters). I assusmed the Virgin would work the same way. was looking at virgin install instructions and spotted the coax cable connection. This will be a problem as my preffered router location is not in the same room as the TV/360 box will be. I do not want to have to run extra wires around as we have wood flooring and the TV/360 box will be located on a centre wall of the house.

I have tried to get some help via tech support and customer service. A near impossible task that is! think I will be taking advantage of the 14 day cool off

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin needs to run it's coax cable into your house because that is how you receive your TV channels,  other services like catch up and Netflix are through broadband. Each box needs connecting with coax and to your network by either ethernet or wifi.

0 Kudos