cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin remote keeps unpairing with my tv

Fazman
Tuning in

Anyone know why virgin 360 remote keeps unpairing with my tv (humax box ). I have 3 boxes and 2 of the remotes remained paired . However this one remote unpairs frequently and I have to keep pairing- keeps defaulting to Vixio tv and mine is a hisense. Is there a fix , does anyone know why this happens?

23 REPLIES 23

roy247
Community elder

Someone else complained about this, they got no answers, could it be that one is a rebranded version of the other or something is common between the 2 TV's.

Here's the link to the other thread,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Virgin-360-Remote-with-Hisense-TV/m-p/4566450

This is strange as I had this when first setting up, it thought my Hisense TV was a Vizeo. I am not sure if your TV is a Hisense. But I changed it straight away and it doesn't reset for me.

Just a hunch, try changing the 'Standby power consumption' under 'Settings' > 'System' to Fast start. See if that makes a difference.

Just thinking Active start or the eco setting may actually cause the box to forget remote programmes.

Thanks

Maxit TV
2 X TV 360 Box
M500 Fibre Broadband

Hey thanks for the reply , I will try the solution on the thread and see if I have any joy . Many thanks 

So I changed the setting to fast start. My Hisense tv remained paired for a day or two, however , now started unpairing and switching back to vizeo. Even with fast start this has not solved the issue . Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks 

roy247
Community elder

Can you tell us what the 3 boxes are (360 main boxes, mini boxes upgraded V6 boxes) and what they are connected to and which ones work. Thank you.

Hi, I'm having the same trouble. Remote defaults to a 'Vizio' TV after setting it for 'Hisense'  - sometimes 2 or 3 times a day and always overnight. Sometimes when TV is switched off/on but not always. Have tried all reset and different start options. Not the biggest problem but annoying all the same.

Hi there cianon, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the remote control. When it is switching from Vizio or Hisense, is this when the remote unpairs or does this happen even before the setting changes? 

Have you tried any of the options posted above to see if this helps things? Another thing that may seem obvious, are you using the correct remote with the paired TV or is it possible the remotes may have been switched?

Come back and let us know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nikkiemac8
Tuning in

I have the same issue with my Hisense TV as said above, brand new 360 box, it happens at least 3 or 4 times a day, tried the advice above and still happening. Just a pain more than anything as I've lost the original tv remote so rely on this remote for the basic functions.

Hi nikkiemac8, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TV, can you check the link below as it will have the correct codes for you. 

https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/vm-tivo-code-list2012.pdf

Chris