cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media mini box

Lillybot
Tuning in

Hello, 

we have recently ordered a virgin media mini box due to moving round the house and switching our living room into a different room in the house, however we are leaving our 360 box in the current living room as will be used as a play room for the kids, what I need to know is does the mini box need a coax cable connected to it?

we have rang virgin media 5 times and every single person said a different thing e.g.

“yes it does need a coax cable” 

“no it doesn’t need a coax cable just a hdmi and wifi connection” 

we are so confused on what it needs because if it does need a coax cable will the virgin media engineer provided me with one and install it? Does this mean they have to go over the house outside? 
please help 

many thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for the very fast reply. 

I am really confused now as several people on the phone have told me it’s just an HDMI lead in the back on the tele! 

I have brought this package thinking it would be nice and easy & clearly most of your employees have no idea about it either! 

The room I am having this second box (mini box) in is directly next to the room with the main box. How would this get set up please? 

we really don’t want wires all over the house as we have 2 little girls so that won’t be practical. How would the engineer do this for us please 

This connection would need to be a coaxial cable @Lillybot I would happy to pop you a message to ensure we have a manned install for you. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.