cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin go app not changing channels on tv

Nallim60
Tuning in

Hello. I want to use my virgin go app to change channels on my tv but it says the virgin media tv box must be online for this to work, but it is online. I’m watching it. I just want the app to change the channels but the app seems to think the box is offline!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you sign in to the App and you go to Live TV at the top on the right you have a profile picture 👤, a remote and TV , and a search 🔍, select the TV and remote and connect to the box you want to control.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

I sometimes find the app slow to connect to the boxes, if I go to Saved in the app it seems to wake up the connection between the boxes and the app on my phone I can then connect to either of my boxes and then select the remote. At what stage do you get the offline message.

Hello! I get the message when I select a programme to watch on the guide then select watch on tv. I’m also now not able to create recordings although I though I had sorted that. I don’t see any icon to bring up the remote control in the app!  Thanks for replying. 

When you sign in to the App and you go to Live TV at the top on the right you have a profile picture 👤, a remote and TV , and a search 🔍, select the TV and remote and connect to the box you want to control.

I’ve rebooted the rebooted the box  and that seems to have sorted it for now. Thank you for helping me.