cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Ultra channel unavailable

ngood77
Tuning in

Hi,

Recently move to Virgin 360.  Virgin Ultra channel was watchable first week or so but now it wants me to subscribe.  Is that correct ?  Was it a tease ?

Nick

8 REPLIES 8

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It was available to all TV bundles for a while. Sounds like it’s reverted to those with the Maxit bundle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks.  At least it’s not just me.  I’ll remove it from my list.  

Hi @ngood77 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused with our Virgin Ultra channel. This channel is only available to those on the Full House package as advised here. 

I'm not able to fully confirm if the channel is available on Maxit or Mixit at this time unfortunately as the website only advises Full House as the eligible package.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Virgin TV Ultra UHD channel (228 and 999) is only available to customers on the now obsolete Full House tier, and the current Maxit tier - see columns 3 and  5 on the following page :-  /2022_Channel_Guides/ChannelGuide_April_23.pdf 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Although it was available to all recently.  Just out of interest why does that channel as well as BBC2 appear twice on the guide ? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM periodically offer channels or services as a free-to-view "tempter" to lower-tier customers. VM's UHD channel is indeed available on Ch 228 & Ch 999

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Why is it, and BBC2, in the guide twice ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you mean "BBC2 HD" in EPG-102 & "BBC Two HD" in 865, I believe 86x is a regional variation in the same vein as 861-865 are the BBC1 alternate nations feeds.

Ultra HD being listed twice? Apart from the 99x version being in the promotional slots and 2xx being a factual EPG position, no idea.