Menu
ludescotty
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TiVo / 360 upgrade

Hi, I recently upgraded, old setup was - TiVo upstairs and a v6 downstairs.

ive moved the v6 upstairs and put the new 360 downstairs. This was a few weeks ago but not really bad much of a play until now. Looks like I’ve been sent a 360 mini with a new remote, only realised tonight it was a mini when we tried to record something and couldn’t.

ive setup the old v6 box upstairs and connected to WiFi, it’s just updated the box so it’s now a 360, with the 1tb hard drive. 
I did not receive a new remote for this and obviously the old remote won’t work? Is that correct?

should I have received a new style remote?

also will the 360 mini automatically connect to the now 360 upstairs so we can use the hard drive on it?

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TiVo / 360 upgrade

V6 boxes can be migrated to 360 software, but TiVo's can't - so if you do convert, a TiVo is swapped for a HDD-less mini, that's normal. This is why I'd always recommend upgrading a TiVo to a V6 box, and then if you want to migrate to 360 - both boxes will have hard drives.

Yes, you should have received a new-style remote, the TiVo/V6 remotes won't work with the 360 software. Providing the master-360 is set to "active start" or "fast start" in the power options, the mini will be able to set and stream recordings on the master box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TiVo / 360 upgrade

Hi @ludescotty,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV360 upgrade. We want to do our best regarding this. Was the great advice given by @japitts useful? Just to confirm, what did you receive in your self install kit for the upgrade?

You may find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-how-to-install

Please get back to us when you can.

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos