Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV360

So I was contacted last week by a Virgin Media agent offering me a free upgrade to TV360 to replace TiVo. 

After running through all the security questions and confirming there was no “catch”, the agent agreed to replace what I have like for like.

We have 2 x V6 and 1 x TiVo boxes.

NIce new shiny package arrived Saturday evening with one new master TV360 and 1 new mini box.

After spending 1 hour online this morning to various VirginMedia departments and then 90 minutes on a call, again passed from department to department I am now waiting for a call back tomorrow to tell me if I can have another mini box. The last customer service person, whom was actually quite helpful advised that the order had only been processed for 1 master and 1 mini, this was despite an earlier operative telling me the order had been processed for 3 units. He then advised that the upgrade was really only for people that needed 2 units.

Absoloute joke. Appalling customer service.

I have been with Virgin Media for almost 15 years I now find that I can go to SKY with as many room boxes as I need, admittedly slower broadband (But when do you ever get the 200MB?) for about £500 per year less.

It’s Virgins appalling customer service that has driven me to look elsewhere. If I dont get an acceptable call tomorrow confirming extra new mini box is coming I am off to Sky.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV360

If your saving £500 a year why bother fighting for a v6? That's a big difference in price 

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can I just check, are you in the UK - or perhaps R.O.I.?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I really dont want to move. SKY will do full package (Sky sports + BT Sports) Q Box, + 3 mini boxes for £100. My current Virgin bill is £137.
I am not fighting for a V6 box. I have 2 V6 boxes plus TiVo. Virgin wanted to upgrade me to TV360 for free and I need 1 master plus 2 mini boxes, that’s what I was promised.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi UK.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here.  I had 3 x V6 boxes which I was told would be replaced by 1 main plus 2 minis.  When the package arrived it contained 1 main and 1 mini.

I've been on the phone and got connnected to a really helpful person who tried to get someone in the 360 team to sort out.  However, no one was answering his calls (he called me back after an hour of trying to get a response).  I'm now awaiting another call tomorrrow as he's e-mailed the team.

I've installed the kit on the "most used" TVs in the house but the third TV is now without a service until a second mini turns up! Either that or I'll need to see about getting the cost of the now non-existant third box removed from my subscription.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Seems like an over zealous sales person from virgin media making promises that can’t be kept. 
interesting that the glossy packaging that the new kit is sent out in is only capable of holding one main and one mini.

i was also promised a call back today to confirm when I can expect the extra mini box - no calls so far.

The challenge is to get through to anyone to actually speak to it takes up to an hour - and then they can’t help!

Are you happy with the new kit - is it significantly different from V6, I haven’t yet installed and may not of a solution cannot be found.

Sky is looking good to me.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am actually happy with the kit.  The interface is much slicker than the V6 was and changing channels doesn't have the "black screen" that you got with the V6.

I'm still trying to find my way around the interface but it's all fairly intuitive.  I'm not too troubled by the 1TB recording space as we don't do a lot of recording and delete as we go (tend to use catch up more) and we came from Sky Q a couple of years back which had the same 1TB limitation.

Hopefully I can get a resolution on the missing box (as the third box is still showing on my account - see pic - it used to show V6, V6, V6 and now shows New TV Box, Second Box, Second Box) either by them actually delivering it or by taking the £7.50/month charge for it off my account.360.PNG

BTW - if you are moving to Sky you can keep VM broadband (Sky Q works just fine with a third party broadband!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you replace the TiVo with a mini it will need a connection to the hub. Was that explained to you?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I’m assuming you’re asking the OP as I had 3 V6 boxes all connected with ethernet! (The minis can also use WiFi assuming a good enough signal.) They still managed to send out one less box than they should’ve!

0 Kudos