Menu
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV GO app for Virgin 360

I currently have two V6 boxes and use both the TV GO app and the TV Control app.

I am considering updating my V6 boxes to the 360 interface but before I do want to understand how you can use just the TV GO app for everything?

I currently use TV GO to watch live tv or on demand services on my iPad and TV Control app to watch & manage my recordings via my iPad.

I’ve been looking through the TV GO app and can’t see how you can watch & manage recordings through that app?

From what I can see the TV GO app is linked to my VM account but doesn’t seemed to be linked to our V6 boxes the way the TV Control app is?

I also can’t see the virtual remote control in the TV GO app?

Anyone out there that has the 360 service and can explain how you manage recordings via an iPad would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV GO app for Virgin 360

@cjp1 wrote:

I’ve been looking through the TV GO app and can’t see how you can watch & manage recordings through that app?

From what I can see the TV GO app is linked to my VM account but doesn’t seemed to be linked to our V6 boxes the way the TV Control app is?

This is most likely because, as a TiVo-platform customer, you are setup to use the TV Control app for controlling, and the TV Go app for out-of-home streaming.

I dare say there's different options get enabled on your account and apps when you migrate from the TiVo platform to the Horizon-platform.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In the most simplistic terms, the Virgin TV Go app knows whether you are a V6 or TV 360 customer.

If it determines you are a TV 360 user, you get access to the Saved portion of the app where the ‘Control’ function is:

ED299E13-47E1-414D-9CEE-6AFD08AB1846.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

cjp1
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think that solves it then, thanks to you both.

Just one other question, can you access recordings from one box on another like you can with the V6 boxes running TiVo?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, assuming you have V6s converted to run Horizon. If you have new mini boxes, they have no recording capabilities as they have no disk, although you can set recordings from the mini box.

cjp1
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would be looking at my two V6 boxes being upgraded to Horizon 360, so just the remotes sent to me in the post, then run the online upgrade on the two V6 boxes.

Currently we can watch recordings from one box to another, and similarly I can watch recordings from either box using the TV Remote remote app on my iPad 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will still be able to do that when your V6s are converted to TV 360, including the watching of recordings on the Virgin TV Go app. All app functionality is in the single Virgin TV Go app with TV 360. No need for the Virgin TV Control app.