Menu
Waqster94
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV 360

So when I heard of the new 360 service I thought great another thing that will be for only the customers on the pre made high package or new customers but what I learnt kind of made me bit mad, as far as I understand it the new 360 box is the same hardware as the current V6 boxes but made by a different manufacturer? And according to ISPreviews customers who upgrade to the oomph bundle around 2021 and already have a V6 box will just get an over the air update giving their V6 box the new UI the 360 boxes have, so are they literally charging you for a firmware update? That seem pretty dubious. I currently have two V6 boxes and having a mini feels pointless as it removes the ability to record on the second box, it’s a shame they’re locking what seems like a huge QOL update behind a paywall. I pay £97 a month and don’t qualify is a joke.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TV 360

In time the update will become available to all existing customers. You will also be able to have both of your V6 boxes updated to the new TV 360 Horizon software so you will not lose any storage, This is currently being trialed so you would better waiting for this option to be released . They are not charging you any extra, the over the air update it is free 

0 Kudos
Waqster94
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh is it? I’ve not seen anything about all customers getting it or it being trialed. How does one get into trials? I love testing out new features, I did beta test for one of their apps a few times

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Currently the V6 OTA trial is by invite only . i am not sure the state of play with regards if they have all the testers they need or whether they are still adding testers. I do know that you need to have the Virgin Marketing emails enabled set so they contact you and invite you. If you don't have that turned on on your account you will not get an invite. Maybe one of the Virgin staff member can let you know if they are still taking on trialists

0 Kudos
Waqster94
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok, seems I do have marketing turned on, hope the UI update is sooner rather than later

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The invites to trail are closed, the trial is ongoing but no more invites will be sent out as it was for a limited number of customers which has now been filled.

Ultimate Oomph customer can upgrade now to new v360 boxes but will get one v360 and one v360 mini.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Waqster94
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok thanks, is only way for trials to be picked at random in future? I’ve only ever took part in one of their apps betas on iOS and I think that was sent by email invite.

0 Kudos
skylineboy2002
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i got "invited" - well they "goodwilled" me into the OTA update and free remote, im lead to believe this is £25 usually, when i had some billing issues last week.

0 Kudos