Menu
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV 360 forum ?

As the 360 boxes are now a live service - is it possible for a forum to be created for posts rather then loose them in the general tv thread?

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV 360 forum ?

Where does it say that the service is live?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

On the shelf above my tv 😁

Seem to be some users in another forum too.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello

That is currently a trial box has not been released fully to the general public, the best place I would suggest is too post in the V6 forum.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Were you offered this as a free upgrade in an email?
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It would be good to have a separate thread. We can then all raise issues like how my account charge has been increased by £10 even though Virgin said it wouldn't. How they haven't responded to a complaint about this. I'll wait for them to contact me as I won't return the old box until then or perhaps I should cancel the direct debit as Virgin are in breach of contract by increasing the price.
Also how very few instructions were sent as to how to use this new box. For instance it would appear that I can no longer set a series link for just new programmes. I don't want countless repeats clogging up the box. I often use the little trick to watch programmes (usually sport) at the slightly faster speeds. This was really useful but again seems to have been removed,
Also they have failed to provide a box with live schedule updates. You know who have had this for several years. As a result you can still miss the end of live events (I don't want to guess when they will end). Also I don't want to record programmes that have been replaced in the schedule.
So is this a better box. I reserve judgement but on first impressions it is not.
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I would call VM about the charge - is it an increase or a delivery charge?   I had no such increase/charge.

@Barnsey02 wrote:
It would be good to have a separate thread. We can then all raise issues like how my account charge has been increased by £10 even though Virgin said it wouldn't. How they haven't responded to a complaint about this. I'll wait for them to contact me as I won't return the old box until then or perhaps I should cancel the direct debit as Virgin are in breach of contract by increasing the price.
Also how very few instructions were sent as to how to use this new box. For instance it would appear that I can no longer set a series link for just new programmes. I don't want countless repeats clogging up the box. I often use the little trick to watch programmes (usually sport) at the slightly faster speeds. This was really useful but again seems to have been removed,
Also they have failed to provide a box with live schedule updates. You know who have had this for several years. As a result you can still miss the end of live events (I don't want to guess when they will end). Also I don't want to record programmes that have been replaced in the schedule.
So is this a better box. I reserve judgement but on first impressions it is not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barnsey02,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Have you been able to speak to the team regarding the price change? It could be due to a promotional discount ending for example. You are also able to view you monthly bills in greater details online here.  virg.in/myVM

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Interesting thoughts about the new box and its short comings. Recording new programs is a must for me have over 150 series links and if.it was not new programs my box would be full in a day... can uou answer the question about being able to copy series links from v6 boxes?

The sign up definitely said no increase in your existing bill...

I have today spoke at length to the sales team and asked questions about the new boxes and mini boxes and had no answers. I have also had no information about what this new service actually is other than heresay on this forum..

My Broadband Ping - Home Broadband
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You’re an amateur with only 150 series links.

My V6 had more than three times that, although not all recording at the same time, obviously.

You CANNOT copy series links from V6 to the new box so get ready to set these up again.

The series record function is currently very basic on the Horizon-based box, requiring significant attention to ‘look after’.

Anyone with experience and reliance on TiVo will dislike the Horizon series record function as it currently is.