cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 box - block signing up on the box

Kawadadi
On our wavelength

I just got a  Virgin TV 360 box, a replacement for my TIVO.  It looks a bit like if I select a program from the listings that I am not signed up for it will take me through a process to sign up.  It wasn't like that on my Tivo.  How can I make sure that members of my family don't sign up for things willy-nilly?  I just want it to be me that can control any extra spending that might result, preferably via a web interface not accessible via the  Virgin TV 360 box remote control

4 REPLIES 4

Kawadadi
On our wavelength
I think I have found how to do it in Parental Controls.

Am I correct in thinking that:
(1) "require a PIN to purchase" will stop anyone paying for individual movies on demand, and the like?
(2) "lock channels" will stop anyone from subscribing to whole new channels on an ongoing basis?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kawadadi 

I would click on Change IN and alter it from the default 1234 as a safeguard before setting up a pin for .Locking Channels and locking Apps

You can prevent people from purchasing chargeable content on Prime on your TV360 by setting the restictions  via a web browser on your computer

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/settings/parental-controls/ref=atv_set_parental-controls 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kawadadi wrote:

I just got a  Virgin TV 360 box, a replacement for my TIVO

For the benefit of others more than the OP here, TiVo remains fully supported for fault replacements, there is no forced replacement with TV360

Legacy TiVo's are replaced with V6 which run TiVo-software, V6 are replaced with V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Kawadadi wrote:
I think I have found how to do it in Parental Controls.

Am I correct in thinking that:
(1) "require a PIN to purchase" will stop anyone paying for individual movies on demand, and the like?
(2) "lock channels" will stop anyone from subscribing to whole new channels on an ongoing basis?

1) Correct.

2) Lock Channels and Apps will stop anyone from watching a channel you are currently subscribed to unless a pin number is entered, same for the apps if you want to stop children from watching YouTube.

All purchases need the pin number entering so make it unique and don't tell anyone.

If you are worried about someone upgrading to Sky Movies UHD as an example if you don't have it, then that would need a phone call as it would mean a change to your TV package contract.