Menu
antonypg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV 360 Upgrade

Just before Christmas I went through the process of changing my contract to add Sky Sports and Cinema. I originally thought the contract change was going to add a 2nd V6 Box, but I had to pay extra an £135 for the box. I also had a few problems with the pricing and ended up paying a lot more than I thought, but this has now been sorted out (I hope).

To my surprise I then noticed that Virgin are now offering Virgin TV 360 boxes, which basically look like the V6 box but with different software and a new remote.

My question is when was the TV 360 box introduced? I cannot remember reading about them. My second question is should I have been offered the 360 instead of the V6? And I guess my third question is when will it be possible to upgrade my V6 boxes to 360 boxes, and will this cost me yet more money?

Instead of just paying out for a 2nd V6 box the TV 360 Mini may have been a better idea. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV 360 Upgrade

I've moved your post to the V360 section where the locals can probably pick up some your queries better.

@antonypg wrote:

My question is when was the TV 360 box introduced? I cannot remember reading about them. My second question is should I have been offered the 360 instead of the V6? And I guess my third question is when will it be possible to upgrade my V6 boxes to 360 boxes, and will this cost me yet more money?

Disclosure: I use a V6.

The V360 is an entirely new software platform - you could ask 10 people what they think of it, and get 10 different answers. In time, I'm sure the V360 platform will match and exceed TiVo/V6, but for the moment it is "different". Whether that's good or bad - only you can decide.

And again, in time VM will retire the TiVo/V6 platform, but we're a long way from that yet. Just bear all this in mind when considering an "upgrade" that is not easily reversed if you don't get on with it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

antonypg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My main complaint was really about the lengthy process I went through to get a better deal, which has cost me a considerably amount of time and money due to billing errors, paying for an extra V6 box, and then realising I had to pay extra to get Sky Sports in HD.

It was then very depressing reading that new customers could get two of the 360 boxes, faster broadband, Sky Cinema and Sports HD and even a free 43" LG TV, for a lot less money than I am now paying.

If the 360 boxes get good reviews then I will be even more upset if it costs me hundreds of pounds more to upgrade my two V6 boxes.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Offers change all the time.

Yes, I’m a bit miffed having paid £89 for a new Wear OS watch (RRP £279) when the next day it’s down to £69 but that doesn’t remove the fact that I was happy the day before (and now).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
antonypg
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Imagine if you had paid £89 for your Wear OS watch, then later got charged £150 delivery, then they took an even bigger unexpected payment the next month. Then maybe you wouldn't have been too happy.

And then imagine if you realised you could have got it for £69 and would have got a free TV!!!

0 Kudos