cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 Upgrade app completely broken/outdated?

wificallerrors
Dialled in

Hi, I just wanted to confirm if it is just me - or is the Virgin TV 360 Upgrade app completely broken and outdated for everyone as well? According to the Upgrade app, I am not subscribed to Sky Cinema UHD (even though I am definitely subscribed). And there is no option for subscribing to several services/channels such as Sky Sports UHD. Those channels simply aren’t included in the app.  

Also, when opening the Upgrade app, I noticed that there is a shortcut (on the home page) for subscribing to Sky Cinema UHD (which isn’t functional, but it is there…), and the shortcut shows an image/banner of Space Jam 2 and Suicide Squad, which would hint towards the Virgin TV 360 Upgrade app not having been updated in two years time… (which would explain why it is completely broken).

Finally, when I go to one of the three Sky Sports UHD channels, and try to subscribe by clicking the “OK” button, then this results in an error prompt asking me to call Virgin Media. I am not sure whether subscribing to channels by going to the channel and clicking OK vs trying to do the same via the dedicated Upgrade app works in the same way behind the scenes. But regardless the whole upgrading experience/trying to subscribe to additional channels seems to require phoning Virgin Media 99% of the time. 

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wificallerrors,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with your TV service and package. To clarify, are you struggling to upgrade? If you check your My Virgin Media online account, is the package detailed there what you believe you currently have?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

HI Zach - to clarify, I am asking about whether Virgin Media is aware that the official "Upgrade" app, doesn't seem to be functioning as intended, and that it is clearly very outdated (with a lot of channels missing, "the "Sky On Demand"-subscription status being out of sync, etc).

I am not sure if you have Virgin TV 360 yourself, but if you do - please try going to the APPS category, and then play around with the app called "Upgrade". When attempting to subscribe to new channels (such as Sky Sports UHD) by navigating to the channel and then clicking "OK", then this also seems to redirect to the broken "Upgrade app".

In other words - the upgrade functionality when using Virgin TV 360 is broken, and needs to be fixed. Hope that makes sense? Let me know if you need me to clarify further. Thanks 

31TV_IN_TV360_Apps_03

Thanks for coming back to us wificallerrors and alerting us to this. 

I have passed this back to our developments team to be investigated. I will get back in touch as soon as I have any further updates.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Many thanks Steven. Appreciate it!