cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 Remote - V6 Box

bigbadbod
Dialled in

Hi, just have a quick question in regards to my 360 remote. 

The dog has just destroyed my current remote and I am struggling to find a replacement.

Virgin website points me to the old v6 controller and all the ones I can see on EBay say they are not compatible with the V6 Box.

Does anybody know where I can get a 360 remote that works with the v6 box please? 

Thank you in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6

Portery
Fibre optic

It would be easier to ring the customer service team to order a new one or order online https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote but in the meantime you can use the tv go app as a remote while waiting for the new remote . Just to make u aware it usually takes 5 day but due to Royal Mail strikes it may take longer.

tv go app https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app

Hi Portery, thank you for the reply. 

I have already been to that page and when I select the V6 box, it only offers me the old style controller. I have the V6 with 360 installed, not a 360 box. 

Hi bigbadbod,

When you go to the page linked you need to select 360 because since you upgraded you no longer have a V6 box it is now a 360.

Only don't waste your time because you can't order one there. The quickest way to get a remote would be to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

Ah, that makes sense, I thought a 360 box was a physical box, not an upgraded v6.

Thanks Roy247 and Portery for the help

As well as using the TVGO app if your TV has a smart remote you might be able to pair that to the 360, my LG magic remote pairs to the 360 using Ziggo Set-Top box, you might need Ziggo Mediabox Next depending on the TV.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bigbadbod 

You can use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 (currently £12 in Curry's) - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali