cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 Remote Microphone

mogmog78
Joining in

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the microphone in the 360 remote is always on, or only switched on when you press the button for it on the remote? Specifically I'm wondering if it's always set to record voice activity regardless of whether the button is pressed or not (for advertising etc.)

There's nothing about it mentioned in the terms and conditions the privacy policy isn't specific either and google threw up nothing helpful either.

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Logically, I guess, if it was always listening, you wouldn’t need to press a button.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Logically, I guess, if it was always listening, you wouldn’t need to press a button.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As it doesn't have a specific word it reacts to like most voice assistants, then I guess it would need some way of knowing it was meant to react to what was said, otherwise it would forever be reacting to random stuff, so the button could be used for that purpose. However, I suspect battery life issues would make it very unlikely it is continually recording (though maybe that explains the poor battery life!)

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mogmog78, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums. 👋🏼

I can confirm that the remote will only listen once you have pressed the button.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mogmog78
Joining in

Thanks very much all - very much appreciated.

You're very welcome mogmog78 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L