cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV 360 (Mixit TV) Set Up

Mummytee87
Joining in

Hi.

I am considering upgrading my broadband only to add Mixit TV. I just wanted to check on the set up...

Our broadband wall socket is in one corner of the room and the router is on the other side. The engineer installed the wires so they went under the flooring as it was installed before the flooring went down. If I order the TV box is it easy to install next to the router or does it require new wires from the wall socket? As we don't really want the floor coming up for a TV box 🤣

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes. This is the easiest way to install. You could even ask for a self-install kit if the TV box is to be no more than 3 metres away from the hub. This includes a splitter & two short lengths of coax.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mummytee87 

Just a thought but have you considered getting the Stream box which provides the channels over the internet and thus doesn't need to be connected by coaxial cabling? It doesn't have the recording functions but everything else works the same.

You can check the TV channels provided by the Mixit package on the following page

/ChannelGuide_360_May_23.pdf  and then compare them to those on the Stream box  <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali