Menu
SJT9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV 360 Boxes

I was recently on the verge of leaving Virgin Media, however after receiving a call from someone in what I assume was the retentions team, decided to stay, based on a couple of conditions. 

The first of those was a reduction in cost, which has happened, and the second was that I be provided with a new 360 box and 360 mini box to replace my two V6 boxes, to which the advisor agreed. The main reason for this request is that the V6 box is rather large, when compared to a Sky Q mini box, and for the bedroom I would prefer the smaller mini box than the V6, plus I’ve been having a few minor technical issues with the V6 box upstairs. This call happened on 25 May and I was advised I would receive the replacement boxes the following week followed by some packaging I could use to return my V6 boxes. 

To date I have not received my replacement boxes. Can someone firstly confirm that Virgin do now provide small ‘mini’ boxes as I was advised on the phone by the advisor, and secondly could someone at Virgin please contact me to arrange for the replacement boxes to be sent out to me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV 360 Boxes

I have been asking for a 360 box myself as the V6 is starting to show its age, plus on mine the sound isn't always the best (quite low)..

Whilst i imagine they will eventually upgrade/change everyone to the newer technology boxes, i dare say its safe to assume this is a result of the current hardware shortages facing all industries (especially physical silicon chips and hard disc drives!) thanks to the human malware epidemic, scalpers, miners, etc..

Feel free to keep bugging them, though i would have thought boxes would have made their way to you by now, is there any way you can check on the status/shipping? A quick call to 150 might be an idea, just to keep them on their toes!

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@chaoshusky 

I don’t understand your comment.

The V6 and the TV 360 are the same technology/hardware.

The difference is the software, TiVo or Horizon 4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No uhd on ultimate oomph bundle

Glad you're getting some help! 🙂 I'm still waiting for my land line to work after at least 16 months but actually 5 years. They also won't give me a 360 box yet and want to just replace my V6 with another V6. Perhaps if someone with a 360 box does cancel, send me that one! 🙂

I'm currently taking to a rep via PM, but i'm very much beating my skull against some concrete!

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not quite the same hardware mate, upgraded SoC as far as i know. Possibly only a slight shrinkage in transistor size and perhaps a clock speed boost. And smaller, more power efficient! To be honest, even if it is "just" a software change, that's also welcome! This V6 box is as nice to use as a Microwave being dropped in a full bath! 😂 Since having the box when they were fairly new, its got worse in terms of stability and features. Mine also seems to have a dying Hard Disc now but its been spinning for 4 years or so, not done bad really.. It apparently has slightly better sound ability/output compared to the V6 too, runs cooler and uses less power. Plenty of reason to change to it! Although its no longer Intel that owns the rights to the SoC, they sold it off if i remember correctly!

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@chaoshusky wrote:

Not quite the same hardware mate, upgraded SoC as far as i know

You can migrate a V6 to a 360 just by installing the Horizon software.

Edited to add that you may be getting confused with the 360-mini box that doesn't have a hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SJT9
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did call 150 and they have no record of my order, which is very annoying. I do still have the number of the person who called me and committed to this but he conveniently doesn’t answer the phone when I call him. 

I can accept having a V6 box downstairs with 360 software, this works fine, but upstairs I very much want a mini box to replace the V6 as I was promised. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @SJT9 

I can confirm that we wouldn't replace the V6 box as the main box, it would be a software update, we are however unable to prosses the the v6 to a 360 mini box from here, you would need to speak with the retentions team again. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos