cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360

NannyLou
Joining in
  • Can anyone help…I have started the upgrade on V6 box and after 70 minutes it has still not updated, is this normal?
1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @NannyLou 

It usually takes between 10 and 20 minutes.

What is showing on your screen? Either describe or post a picture please.

Make sure your box is still connected to the white coaxial cable, and also your hub either by ethernet cable or wifi.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Upgrading V6 boxes to 360

Sort the first V6 box yourself > Let the 2nd V6 box upgrade itself > Install any Virgin TV 360 Mini box

1.. Turn on all V6 boxes: take your current TV boxes off standby and check they’re connected to the internet, ready to download TV 360.
2. Pop the telly on: check its set to the correct Input and Virgin TV’s playing.
3. Grab its old V6 remote control: tap the Home button, select Apps & Games > Upgrade To Virgin TV 360 Now > OK.
4. Follow the instructions on your telly: when you see it’s ‘Time to make the big switch’, remove the red tab from just one new 360 remote (doesn’t matter which).

**Nothing happening? **
Try pressing OK on the new 360 remote. Or grab the V6 remote again, press the red button and enter 847446 (the verification code) to start the upgrade.

If the new remote doesn’t work when the upgrade’s finished (it should), try pointing it at the TV box: hold down the TV and 0 buttons together for 10 seconds (may take a few tries). Remember to use the 2nd 360 remote for the 2nd TV box, when it’s upgraded itself.

Also see screenshot of insert that should have been in the remote control box

upgrade to 360upgrade to 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali