Menu
carrieB62
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360

I installed my new 360 box in place of my V6 box in the lounge and moved the V6 to the bedroom in place of my old TiVo. Is this the correct way round as when I am watching recordings it keeps buffering then say your network is to busy. It says low band width. I thought things were recorded on hard drive. Have I installed the boxes the wrong way round, or what do you think is the problem?

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin 360

I personally don’t have virgin tv anymore but it sounds like 1 or both boxes are connected via wifi

Try using the 5Ghz wifi as this is a faster band.

If possible use Ethernet for a best faster direct connection 

carrieB62
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My box in the lounge is connected with an Ethernet cable, but I changed it to 5GHz, then none of my Echo devices would work, found I could set it to duel frequency, all seems to be working ok at the moment. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
carrieB62
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still not sure if it makes any difference which way round I have the boxes...
0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is your new 360 box the same height as your V6 box, because if it is only half the height then it is a 360 mini box with no hard drive.

If it is a mini then that is to replace your old Tivo box.

If your V6 box has had the software upgrade then that now becomes your main 360 box, did you receive 2 new remote's with your new box, one will be for your V6 box when it has been upgraded, if it hasn't already been upgraded it will need upgrading before you can use it with the mini box.

I would leave your V6 box where it was connected by coax and ethernet cable, then replace your old Tivo with the mini and connect that by coax and either ethernet cable or wifi.

brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Considering both boxes have their own hard drive I guess not 🤔.

To my understanding of virgin’s new multi room setup is it’s now the new 360 box (with its own hard drive) is the main box. Then any additional boxes would be the new 360 mini (without a hard drive)

The problem with this new setup is any additional mini’s need the main 360 box to record content as it’s I believe streamed over your home network, so that 1TB of storage between 2 or more minis will be used up quickly. (Sky q and there multi room system have the same setup)

One PRO about the V6 had over sky q multi room has is because the v6 has its own 1TB hdd by adding 2 or more v6’s you end up gaining more storage and each box will record from its own hdd NO RECORD STREAMING IS REQUIRED.

Furthermore I understand it’s also possible to update the main v6 box firmware to the new 360 firmware (virgin should send a new remote) then replace any additional box’s for the new mini.

carrieB62
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have got them the wrong way round, I have upgraded my V6 but replaced my TiVo with. I will swap them over, hopefully no more problems then.
0 Kudos
carrieB62
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks my new box is a mini box so I need to swap them around.
0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hope it solves your problem.