Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360

What happened to the recordings from my v6 box before the update to 360? If these have gone I am not impressed...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360

No, you can’t transfer recordings & never have been able too. If you change boxes you lose them.

Virgin boxes are not for archiving. The broadcasters/content owners will only allow recording of material for “time shifting” purposes & you can only stream from one box to another or to a mobile or tablet on the same network. No “copying” is allowed.

The Horizon platform (on which V360 is based) has been released in every other country with cloud storage, but not in the UK or Ireland as again the content owners here won’t allow it.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The box that the recordings were on is the same box, what I am fuming about it that there was nothing to mention recordings would be lost before updating otherwise we would have waited before doing the update😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Spannerb wrote:

The box that the recordings were on is the same box, what I am fuming about it that there was nothing to mention recordings would be lost before updating otherwise we would have waited before doing the update😡

It’s the same hardware, but the firmware platform running it is completely different. The UK is the only country to have the V6 hardware prior to the new platform being released, so it was released with the existing TiVO firmware platform modified for the 6 onboard cable tuners & enhanced streaming capability.

So hence you are now on a completely new platform, although even if you had changed one V6 for another on the old platform, you cannot transfer recordings.

You also cannot view recordings once the box is removed from your account. You are only allowed to watch recordings while you pay the subscription on the box. The old V6 will have to be returned to Virgin, as it is rented & you have now stopped paying that rent.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos