Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360

I've just replaced my 2 V6 Tivo boxes with 360. So far there are some great features. I found a few missing, that makes me wonder if this was a mistake. For example if choosing record a series, there is no option to record/stream previous shows. Also when using the guide, there is no method of quickly moving up/down through the menu. The menu seems to go from top to bottom and stop, so it does not continuously scroll. Also sky movies on demand are not easy to find.

I hope the menus will be improved in the future.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin 360

The series link starts from the season you set it too ie if there are 10 seasons and you set the 1st recording at season 4 it will record 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 at present there is no new only option but it will be implemented in an update

The buttons above and below the OK button scroll up and down individual channels and the channel up and down scroll the page, you can also use the voice control 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, in the TV guide I still use the channel up/down buttons...if you want to go back to the first page just use voice and say "back to the top" and it goes to 100

Sky Cinema is in Box Sets and Movies, I find the on demand sections much easier to browse on 360 compared to V6...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks, I will need to upskill with the menus. One thing I found that is not there, when searching with the Tivo V6, we used to get results from the installed apps. 

For example if i search for Top Gear, it showed those episodes that were available on Live TV, On Demand, eg BBC iPlayer, as well as those on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Am i doing somethign wrong or is that going to be added?

Thanks

Francis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There seems to be some inconsistency between what 360 reports as available and what is available on iPlayer.

Search for Top Gear and at least three instances appear in the search results. The first currently offers 33 available episodes. I picked a random episode, which was broadcast according to 360 on Sep 23. The box tells me the show is available untlil 23 October. On the actual iPlayer the same episode is available, and it is available for 11 months. The iPlayer currently has 42 episodes of Top Gear available.

Something isn't right here.

0 Kudos