cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 service issue

IveTech
Joining in

Have just recently upgraded to Virgin 360 and received two new boxes and a new hub. Hub is working fine also the 360 mini box. However the main box is not right at all! First off the menus all look like the old box. In fact the model number on the box is the same as a model number from two generations ago!! Some menus ask for remote buttons that are only on the old remote. This new box does not record or pause saying service not available despite having a 1TB hard drive inside! Checking the error code gives M63 which apparently means a service or account error. However clicking through on the Virgin site from M63 it changes the codes the M64 and says "OK Crikey can't find that page". I therefore have no other route top getting help as all ways lead to that message! Can anyone advise how I can elevate this failure to someone's attention at Virgin for a fix? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi IveTech 

M63 is a software update error. Your account has been migrated to the TV360 platform but the software hasn't been pushed to your box to convert it.  

There are three things you can try. 

1)  remove the box from the mains for five minutes and then try the update again

,2) Delete recordings to make more space on the box and then try the update again.

3) You could also try turning off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

Failing that you need to contact the faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and help.

If the Faults team can't fix this then they pass it to second level support for them to try to resend the update signal, making sure it's being sent to the correct  box (ie the right serial number)  Sometimes they have to reset their system as it shows the process has completed even though it's been unsuccessful and the customers box is still running the older Tivo interface, or is stuck in a bootloop/download loop.

If the second team can't force the regrade through from their end then they send out a tech to replace the box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi IveTech 

M63 is a software update error. Your account has been migrated to the TV360 platform but the software hasn't been pushed to your box to convert it.  

There are three things you can try. 

1)  remove the box from the mains for five minutes and then try the update again

,2) Delete recordings to make more space on the box and then try the update again.

3) You could also try turning off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

Failing that you need to contact the faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and help.

If the Faults team can't fix this then they pass it to second level support for them to try to resend the update signal, making sure it's being sent to the correct  box (ie the right serial number)  Sometimes they have to reset their system as it shows the process has completed even though it's been unsuccessful and the customers box is still running the older Tivo interface, or is stuck in a bootloop/download loop.

If the second team can't force the regrade through from their end then they send out a tech to replace the box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like you have been supplied with an Arris box that has TiVO firmware loaded. The M63 code is showing because there is a mismatch between what is on your account & what is on the box. VM will need to rectify this before the box can download the Horizon firmware required to run the V360 server interface.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your help so far. Yes it is an Arris box and it looks exactly like a two generations older box I had with the same product number. Are the new boxes also made by Arris? That would be good to know and confirm if it is the wrong box. Thanks again.

I'll try your suggestions and if it doesn't work find a way through the maze to get to product support somehow. Thanks again

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@IveTech wrote:

Thanks for your help so far. Yes it is an Arris box and it looks exactly like a two generations older box I had with the same product number. Are the new boxes also made by Arris? That would be good to know and confirm if it is the wrong box. Thanks again.

The new boxes are manufactured by Humax & only work with Horizon. There have been problems with some of the older Arris boxes, but most take the firmware change without issues.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey IveTech, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Has any of the advice helped at all?

Please let us know so we can look into this. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?