Menu
JohnnyD2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 rollout halted?

Hi everyone 

I wondered if anyone else hasn’t been upgraded and if they received a confirmation email for details of the their new remotes for the Virgin TV 360 platform on V6? Seeing all the posts of problems with Virgin TV 360, the wife and I have wondered if Virgin have halted the rollout while they fix the issues?

We are on the Ultimate oomph bundle with two V6 boxes, and received an email on the 24th November, sent it back same day to upgrade to 360.

It’s been 3 weeks, and nothing.. no details of anything..

Happy to stick with TiVo for now, could we get forgotten and not be updated lol! 

Appreciate any comments and feedback. 

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin 360 rollout halted?

Most likely the team handling the upgrades have a backlog and haven't got to you yet, the rollout hasn't been halted. You'll be either upgraded to new boxes or able to upgrade existing software via the Apps section. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you upgrading to v360 on the Ultimate Oomp it will be new boxes and remotes if you have more than one box it will be a v360 + v360 minis for any other boxes that you have, the software upgrade is a trial only by invite and VM have enough trailists at this time.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tafrock
Up to speed
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I didn't realise I was taking part in a trial. I have no problem with this. Am quite happy to be a 'beta' tester but a place to put feedback on the various problems would help (other than this thread of course). At times my 360 is very annoying with the various buffering, lip sync, not being able to delete, box offline even though it isn't problems. However when it works it's a wonderful system. But I would like to be able to report my findings somewhere where they can be acted upon. I have two v6s that were upgraded over the network  

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You're not on a trial, but you were one of the first to have your box upgraded "over the air" as part of the pre-launch pilot.

Virgin TV 360 is now the only TV service new customers joining Virgin Media receive so is very much not in trial phase. 

JohnnyD2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bluelou

Thanks for the update pleased its not a trial.
Can I check on whether to confirm it is a software update via the app section with new remotes and not a replacement of new boxes? The email the web team sent was via software update to the current V6 boxes we have.

Is the rollout still happening?

0 Kudos
JohnnyD2
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Aaron this is good to know 👍
0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes everyone who answered the email will get their upgrades. We won’t be sending any more emails out until the new year though. 

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

What is the difference between a pilot, a trial and beta testing? Good luck hope it goes well for you.
Monifiethangus
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am on Oomph package and used online form to request replacement 360 box and mini box (currently have V6 and TiVo boxes). Due to arrive Wednesday but now had strange (auto generated) email from Virgin saying I am already receiving services so payment not processed. Free anyway but can’t see order now so fear has been cancelled. Understand if things put on hold but why not a clearer message....

0 Kudos