cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 remote

appy1
Joining in

I upgraded to Virgin 360 last week. The remote is burning through batteries in less than 48 hours. I would like to order a new remote.

thanks

alan

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Alan,

That's unusual. I switched to the 360 in June last year and have only had to change the batteries once.

The remote actually works with just 2 batteries, it doesn't need all 4, so you can remove 2 and save them for later use.

The remote sometimes has a habit of freezing, that's not the batteries though. Give it a couple of shakes and it should start working again.

It will probably take the Forum Team a couple of days to pick this up for you, or you could dial 150 from a VM landline and choose option 2 (faults) to order a replacement remote. 

If you do call Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and organise the remote for you.

You can also use the TVGO app as a remote control, available on android and ios.

Links towards the bottom of this page /virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @appy1 thanks for your tweet and sincere apologies for this. 
I would like to echo all of @newapollo's comments they're extremely helpful - I hope they've provided you with the answers needed.

If you haven't managed to order a replacement remote though, please follow this link here to get a replacement.

Please let us know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W

@newapollo wrote:

I switched to the 360 in June last year and have only had to change the batteries once.

The remote actually works with just 2 batteries, it doesn't need all 4, so you can remove 2 and save them for later use.

...I'm still on the original batteries in mine!

Can I ask why the remote takes 4 batteries if only 2 are required to operate it ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 wrote:

...I'm still on the original batteries in mine!

Can I ask why the remote takes 4 batteries if only 2 are required to operate it ?

Hi @deans6571 

When I've tested it with just 2 batteries in, it only seems to prevent the remote lighting up when moving it or pressing a key

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @appy1 

Just checking in to see if you've had any success with either the advice from our fantastic community members, or if you still felt it necessary, from the link my colleague provided?

Regards

Lee_R

Dear Lee,

None of the advice works and the link to order a new remote is broken. 

Alan

roy247
Community elder

Hi appy1,

That link has been broken for a while now, looks like it's not common knowledge between the forum team, I am sure someone will be along to order you a new remote.

Sorry the link and advice ahs not worked for you roy247,

We can certainly order you a new remote, so we can do this I will pop you over a private message and take some details from you.

Please click the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry the link and advice has not worked for you appy1

We can certainly order you a new remote, so we can do this I will pop you over a private message and take some details from you.

Please click the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.