cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 pair with Toshiba TV

joemacdonald96
Joining in

Hi

I have just joined Virgin and I am trying to pair my 360 box remote to control the volume on my Toshiba TV. My TV is 3 years old and is an up to date smart TV but I can’t get it to pair. I have gone through all the codes and tried entering the TV model but nothing works. I see a message saying it doesn’t work with older TVs but it’s not that old of a TV and a family member has Virgin with the TiVo box and has the same TV as me and there’s works fine? 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@joemacdonald96 wrote:

I have gone through all the codes and tried entering the TV model but nothing works. 

Hi @joemacdonald96 

Which codes have you used?  Also what model of TV is it? For example 50QA5D63DB or 43UF3D53DB

Normally the first 4 characters after the screen size work, so using the above two as examples QA5D should work for the first one, and UF3D for the second one.

Try using new batteries even though it's a new remote.

Also try the following:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello

the model number is 

43VL5A63DB

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @joemacdonald96

The 360 boxes use Horizon and not Tivo so the codes are different.

That TV shouldn't be a problem, have you tried using VL5A?   Also try 63DB  

There's also the key testing method - 

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

Do you have another TV you can test it with as well?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

ozsat
Superstar

Check the batteries on the right hand side are the correct way around in the remote and then re-pair.

Unlike most remotes - the batteries on the 360 remote have both the left and right had sides going the same way - all four have the nipple end towards the bottom of the remote.

If the right hand side is wrong - the remote still works except for the tv buttons (volume etc.)

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5