cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 pair with RCA tv

mesharp
Joining in

Hey. How can I pair my 360 box with my RCA branded TV. There doesn't seem to be an option outside of about 20 brands. Surely there is a way like you can where it tests options?

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may seem odd but a few people have been able to successfully set up the remote by using new batteries even though it's a new remote.

You could also try the following:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

What is the full model name of your RCA TV?

If you provide those details we may be able to help further.. 

For example if you have a Roku  RR32HD1 (they have some TV's manufactured by RCA) then you would pair the remote using the code 2HD1, if you had the Roku RR55UD1 then using the code 5UD1 would pair the TV.

Have you  try the key testing method?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave.  The model number is Rs32F3. How do I enter the codes you mention above. I only have the option of picking a brand. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Press Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  select R from the alphabetical list if it isn't already highlighted. Then scroll and click on RCA when it appears

Then enter the device model number -

You would pair the remote first using the code RS32,  if that fails try using the code 32F3 instead, also try using 3-UK.

Again if that doesn't work then use the Start key testing method instead of entering the device number, but don't just pick the first one that appears to work, try a few more as some combinations works more fully than others.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave. Mine doesn't have R as an option so I can't choose it. Seems to have a very limited number available 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @mesharp 

There should be an alphabetical list from A to Z to scroll through. then highlight R and select the device brand by scrolling through the list.

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpgClipboard03.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks Dave. 

Mine doesn't have as many options... Maybe because it's a mini box?

1000052593.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mesharp 

Irrespective of it being a mini box it should still have the same options.

Can you swap the boxes around and see if yuo can pair the mini box to the TV that your main TV is attached to?  And visa versa.  That may help to point to if it is a faulty mini box.

You could also try to factory reset the mini box and see if that then forces it show the full range of options.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. 

On the main box you are given  are given 2 options, so I'll show the full options below as may help if you ever have problems with the main box in the future.

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With a main box you should choose Keep Recordings, which means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Because you'll be factory resetting the mini box you won't have the option to keep recordings since they are stored on the main box.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mesharp, thanks for the posts and replies on the help forums and this thread.

Sorry to see you're having trouble pairing your TV with the TV box currently due to being unable to get the RCA brand option on the list seen above, we'd love to assist with this.

Please, let us know where you ar4e with this since you last posted on Sunday and if the advice from newapollo above has helped resolving this?
Did you perform a reset and how do things look now with this TV and your VM services?

Please, advise more on this and we'll be eager to help if you're still facing an issue - cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey. So no, the mini box doesn't connect with my RCA tv. It has the short list in the pic above. I have factory reset it and no change. I have swapped the 2 boxes round and it worked ok so not really sure why it has such a short list in the options. 

Any help appreciated