cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 media box dark picture

Tezza1234
Joining in

Hi, I have just joined the community and would appreciate some help and advice.

We have been Virgin customers for 17 months and the broadband/tv package has been really first class experiencing no problems until recently. The picture on the 360 box has suddenly gone very dark, I have checked the tv picture on Freeview and it's as normal.

I am not tech savvy but have tried all the suggestions from the Community and different posts to no avail.

I have completed a factory reset on the box, checked for latest version of software, swapped the picture definition to 1080p and the picture is still unwatchable. I would really appreciate any help.

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tezza1234 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the dark picture. Does this happen on all channels both live, OnDemand and recordings? If so, is it also dark on the TV guide and home screen as well?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I have carried out checks as requested,  all live channels are dark, on demand and recordings are also dark. The TV guide and home screen are so dark we can't see the menu options at the top of the screen. Regards  Terry 

Thank you for trying this @Tezza1234 and getting back to me. 

Do you have the same darkness when watching DVD's or playing video games on a console if you're able to try?

Do you have free to view channels not on the Virgin set top box? If so can you check this or your smart TV home screen without the set top box on?

Can you try another HDMI cable at all? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley, I  have tried the Picture on freeview independent of the Virgin box, it's fine and clear.

I swapped the HDMI cable for a brand new one to no a vail the picture from the Virgin  box is still very dark. We do not have a games console or video player so unable to carry out further checks.  

Thanks for your help, Terry 

Thanks for coming back to us @Tezza1234 

Can you please enter the settings menu and ensure the picture resolution is set to 'Automatic' for me?

If this has not resolved the issue, please check all cables are tight and secure and then perform a reboot on the set top box.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David,

Thanks for your help the problem has been resolved. I tried all the connections and found that the connection between the fibre optic cable and TV ariel was loose,  I re checked the HDMI cable and positioned it in the HDMI socket 2 on the TV. I then reset picture resolution to automatic and completed a reboot of the box. Success everything is back to normal. Thank you and Carley for all your help. Regards   Terry 

Tezza1234
Joining in

Hi, sorry to be a pain but success was short lived, put Virgin box back on this morning and the picture is so dark it's unwatchable. I have rechecked settings and connections and still a very dark picture. 

Thank you for keeping us updated on this Tezza1234. We are sorry to hear this issue has come back. 

To confirm, do you by any chance have another Tv in property you can connect to the box?

^Martin