cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 flickering after being on standby

rhydianbevan2
Settling in

I have had virgin TV for 2-3 weeks and ever since I've had it whenever I put my TV on standby after 10 mins when you switch it on the screen flickers either you can hear bits of sound every 5 seconds or the picture and sound flashes. I have had 2 engineers out and they don't know how to fix the issue I have tried every troubleshooting step you can imagine. And it still doesn't seem to fix it. There is only 2 ways I can stop it from happening if I want to watch TV either switch everything off at the wall TV and virgin box or power on the 360 box from standby wait a few seconds then switch on the TV. It is a Samsung 55" series 7 smart curved UHD TV. If anyone has a more permanent fix please let me know.

Video of the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ybAvXbdSFvUqoBuf6 

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

As you haven't said can we assume that the 360 box has been replaced and different HDMI cables and connectors on the TV have been tried so everything is pointing towards the TV. Have you got another TV to try.

Yes all that has been tried by myself an engineers. I do have another TV I can try it on but that is pointless because I want to use the TV that I bought less than a year ago which works fine with everything else. 

If it works OK with another TV then it would appear to be a problem with your Samsung TV, so to get the best answer if you can say what the model number of your TV is then if anyone has got one and has either experienced the same problem, or don't have a problem as the TV and 360 work OK together, then if they can give you an answer that would be the best solution. I assume the Samsung has the latest software, it may be a good idea to check on the Samsung forums to see if it's a known problem.

Hi there @rhydianbevan2

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your TV box! 

I know that this is the TV that wish to use, but are you able to try the box with another TV so we can better understand what may be causing this? 

Also can you let us know what the engineer have said when they visited? 

Thank you.